Archive for March 24, 2011
The OC Weekly has some interesting nuggets on Pat Robertson. Here are some crazy things that Pat Robertson did
“1. On the “snowpocalypse” earlier this winter that smacked the Northeast US and Atlantic coast: “Because of the bad road conditions the Almighty has made, any gay activities that people were planning on doing will have to be postponed by a day or two.”
2. On the millions of straight people in New York City who were also grounded by the bad weather: “I think God probably wonders, ‘If these people are really straight, then what are they doing in New York?’”
3. On “Gays Days” at Disneyworld: “I would warn Orlando that you’re right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don’t think I’d be waving those flags in God’s face if I were you, This is not a message of hate–this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It’ll bring about terrorist bombs; it’ll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor.”
4. One for the ladies: “[T]he feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.”
5. On Haiti’s earthquake last year: “It may be a blessing in disguise. . . . Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. Haitians were originally under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon the third, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you will get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it’s a deal. Ever since they have been cursed by one thing after the other.”
6. On the U.S. State Department HQ: “Maybe we need a very small nuke thrown off on Foggy Bottom to shake things up.”
7. On the end-of-the-world bringer: “The Antichrist is probably a Jew alive in Israel today.”
8. On apartheid in South Africa: “I think ‘one man, one vote,’ just unrestricted democracy, would not be wise. There needs to be some kind of protection for the minority which the white people represent now, a minority, and they need and have a right to demand a protection of their rights.”
9. On . . . his 1988 presidential run? “Is there in all the history of human folly a greater fool than a clergymen in politics?”
10. On . . . Pat Robertson? “I have a zero tolerance for sanctimonious morons who try to scare people.”
Whow, he describes lesbians as being ““[T]he feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians.”
I have never met any lesbians that “has left their husbands, killed their children, and destroyed capitalism”. Personally, most lesbians do not hate me, they love their children, and most of them support the American free enterprise system.
Most of Pat Robertson shows that he engages in contempt of other people without launching a detailed investigation into understanding lesbians and their lifestyles. He does not talk to black people in South Africa and ask them what their experience is like.
The people in Haiti never made a secret pact with the devil. I have never seen any evidence of that. He is making facts without providing detailed references to history.
At the end of the day, Pat Robertson is somebody who makes false claims for the purposes of getting attention. It is all about him. It is about his shocking statements and his supposed piety makes him looks like hypocrite.
If God does exist, he might be saved, but he does not represent the role model of the faith that other Christians that I know personally. Pat Robertson might be make a good fodder for jokes, but he also serves as roadblock towards spreading the Gospel because he might alienate potential followers with his rhetoric. But that is my opinion and my opinion really does not count on that issue.
At the end of the day. He is just crazy. Crazy indeed!